Are you looking to sell a house in South Carolina but don’t know where to start? Let us help you break it down step by step, start to finish.
1. You will need to make the decision on how to sell. Will you hire an agent, sell it yourself or decide on a cash buyer? This first decision is crucial. You will need to take a closer look to see which option is best for you.
- Sell Using an Agent. An experienced South Carolina agent will help you navigate every step in the sales process, taking a lot of the stress out of the process. The difference in a good agent and a great agent is easily worth their price. They will negotiate and get you the best price on your home. It will be worth your while to take the time to interview 2-3 top agents in your area before making your final decision.
- Sell Without an Agent. First and foremost, sale by owner (FSBO) will save you on the listing agent commission. But do consider the drawbacks in a FSBO. Properties sell for roughly 6% less then homes sold by agents. You will need to be cautious about legal requirements that your agent will typically take care of for you, not to mention the paperwork involved. Pricing out your home on your own is challenging so you will need to pay close attention to underpricing or equally as important overpricing your home. You are your own advocator and marketer! Consider and allow for the time involved in photography, staging, showings, and inspections. For most sellers, FSBO is just too risky and takes too much time.
- Sell to a Cash Buyer. Selling to a cash buyer is easily the fastest, most convenient method for you if time is of the essence. Get a guaranteed cash offer on your home within 24 Hours with an agent like Kellar Lawrence Real Estate. Bottom line, you will need to understand that in most cases, you will not get as much money as compared to selling your home on the open market. This should only be a consideration if you really need to sell your home in an immediate timeframe.
2. You Will Need to Sign a South Carolina Listing Agreement and Seller Disclosures. You are ready to get your house on the Market! The listing agreement has all the pertinent details of your home’s sale to include the following:
- Listing Type: Generally, the listing type most SC real estate agents work under is an Exclusive Right-To-Sell Listing agreement, meaning the agent you choose solely work for you.
- Terms of Sale: Terms of Sale is what your home’s initial listing price is, and the agreed upon price to the listing agent.
- Contract Expiration Date: Although your home will most likely sell prior to the expiration date, most contractual agreements are 180 days.
3. Pricing Out Your Home. The next step is to make sure you get completive pricing. Your agent will help you determine the best, most completive fair value price for homes in your area.
4. Prepare and Stage Your Home and Get Ready to Sell! Your agent will be in the best position to advise you of what your home might need to look it’s best. Your agent may suggest the following:
- Make home repairs and improvements: Small cosmetic changes before photos and showings can make a big difference. Alternatively, in a thriving seller’s market, you may be able to sell as is.
- Clean and declutter your home: It can be hard to have your home be completely spotless, but you can focus on the main areas, like your kitchen and bathrooms. Keep them clutter free and void of personal family photos.
- Consider home staging: If you feel you need a little help here, you can hire a professional stager to guide you and increase your home’s appeal in the showings. Hiring a staging professional is most beneficial if your home is very empty and you want your potential buyer to be able to envision themselves in it.
5. Work with the Kellar Lawrence Team. Finally, trust the Kellar Lawrence team to sell your home! If you’re considering selling your home and want more information from an experienced agent on your current market conditions and trends, The Kellar Lawrence Team is here to help! Contact us today for your free consultation!
103 total views, 1 views today